After my poor attempt of baking pineapple upside down cupcakes from the best bake sale ever cookbook that I purchased from fred flare I decided to take a break from cupcakes and take a shot at something else. Mind you, I followed the recipe as instructed and they were just way too moist to even resemble a cupcake. I will give the recipe at the end if anyone is interested. My dad gave me some pointers but this is the same man when giving a recipe leaves one ingredient out which I have called the "secret ingredient" The man will leave me with no recipes I tell you!
We were suppose to go out to breakfast but woke up way to late after hiking through the mosquito infested abandon tracks in NJ which was tons of fun because I got to rock 5746546587 fillins. So I decided to cook breakfast. I made whole wheat pancakes with my heart shaped pancake/egg mold that I purchased from Blue Tulip for like $2 a piece.
Later that night I decided I wanted to bake oatmeal cookies. Again, when my Dad bakes these they come out so chewy so I asked him what he does exactly. He gave me some half ass story that he uses Golden raisins instead of the regular raisins. I gave him a the I know you're holding out on me look and he gave me the sinister You know I am smile. Well of course I took his word for it and of course they didn't come out chewy but still delicious I did some researching online and found out that honey makes them chewy and to use dark brown sugar. My hunny told me about the honey before I started baking but who knew he knew? pff.Ingredients.
Cookie Mix.

MMmMmmm.

Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Ingredients....
1 cup (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 cups oats
1 cup raisins
Instruction...
Notes....
After writing out the instructions I realized AGAIN I do not follow directions and read the bake time for the wrong item which may be why they weren't chewy. BUT I did read that honey makes them moist. I really don't know how much you should or would want to put in.
Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
Ingredients...

Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Ingredients....
1 cup (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 cups oats
1 cup raisins
Instruction...
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Notes....
After writing out the instructions I realized AGAIN I do not follow directions and read the bake time for the wrong item which may be why they weren't chewy. BUT I did read that honey makes them moist. I really don't know how much you should or would want to put in.
Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
Ingredients...
Fruit Topping..
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks
1/3 cup backed light brown sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
Cupcake batter..
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temp.
1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice or milk
1 egg
Instructions...
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease a nonstick muffin pan.
- Drain the pineapple chunks, reserving 1/2 cup juice for batter, if desired. Place the pineapple on a double layer of paper towels to drain completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and melted butter. Divide evenly among the muffin pan cups. Arrange the pineapple chunks decoratively on top of the sugar mixture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. With an electric mixer, mix in the butter and pineapple juice, beating for 2 minutes to make a smooth batter. Beat in the egg.
- Spoon the batter over the fruit in the muffin pan, filling each cup three quarters full. Bake in the center of the oven for 30 mins., or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 5 mins. then place a wire rack on top of the muffin pan and invert the cupcakes onto the rack so the pineapple is on top. Let cool completely.
If you try this recipe let me know how it went! =)


No comments:
Post a Comment